Date: April 17 to April 20, 2024
Location: San Diego, CA
Price: Non-Member $1200, One Day Guest Pass $475
IICRC Continuing Education: 14 credit hours
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, April 17, 2024
- Welcome Happy Hour: Lobby Lounge (cash bar)
- Dinner on your own
- Thursday, April 18, 2024
- Welcome and overview of the day by ARCS President
- Annual Meeting – Recap of the past year and projects in the works by ARCS Board of Directors
- Presentation of CRS Recipients
- Generational Transitions - Mike Jensen & Kash Sobhe will share how their companies transitioned from one generation to the next followed by a Q & A.
- Capital Improvements – Capital improvements are necessary on every scale. Trent Woods of Stanley Steemer will discuss how their locations decide on machinery, wash plant lay outs, etc. and what is met with resistance versus what is accepted with ease.
- Importance of Intake Photos - Presentation by Ellen Amirkhan
- Ask The Expert Panel - 1.5 hour panel of some of our favorite seasoned rug cleaners will answer all of our questions!
- Keynote Speaker- James Evanow
- Closing Comments & instructions for following day – ARCS President
- Dinner on your own
- Friday, April 19, 2024
- Rug Renew
- Blatchford’s San Diego Rug Cleaning & Repair
- Prospect Rug Gallery
- Saturday, April 20, 2024
- Tour (optional)
Aaron Glazier - President
Certified Clean Care
Aaron has been with Certified Clean Care since 2013 and is currently the Rug Shop Manager. In that timeframe he has completed his degree with a Bachelor’s in Business Management. Got married to his bride in 2015 and recently just had his first child on Valentine’s day of this year. He completed the Master Rug Cleaner course in 2018 and has been a member of ARCS for several years now. He enjoys smoking BBQ in his off time and travels every chance he gets.
Star Rug Cleaners
Mike bought Star Rug Cleaners in 2012 from his dad when he was 25. However, Mike started working odd jobs, pickups and deliveries for him when he was in elementary school. After a short stint working at a local grocery store in Santa Barbara, Mike returned to Star Rug Cleaners managing the office while attending college. During this time he turned his focus to education on rug ID and the cleaning process. It wasn’t until after Mike attended his first ARCS convention in Austin that he realized how much he still had to learn. Since then, their process has changed dramatically and Mike attributes the growth in revenue to the continuous improvement of the end product. The friends made and conversations had as a member of ARCS has been instrumental to the growth of Mike’s rug knowledge and company.
Kash Sobhe; is a 3rd generation rug expert. His late grandfather started their family business in Iran in 1953, over 66 years ago. His father, Dr. Kay, is a second-generation rug expert with over 50 years of dedication to the industry. Kash and his family moved to the U.S. about 16 years ago where they decided to continue their passion for rugs in Los Angeles. As the first and only Certified Master Rug Cleaner in the entire greater Los Angeles area, Kash is also a WoolSafe Certified Fiber Care Specialist and a Certified Color Restoration Specialist. He has grown up caring for rugs and will continue the family business. He graduated in Business Marketing from California State University Northridge.
Trent Woods - Secretary
Trent is a 2010 graduate from the University of Akron. He began his career in 2012 as a carpet cleaning technician with Stanley Steemer. After working as a cleaning technician, he worked in the air duct cleaning division and water restoration department before being promoted to run the new area rug plant facility in Columbus, OH. Trent’s passion for area rugs quickly grew and was promoted to do what he loves at a national level within the company. He currently oversees several facilities across the country within the corporate and franchise system. He helps with the setup of plant facilities, training technicians and is constantly improving the area rug cleaning division. Trent looks forward to working with some of the best leaders in the rug cleaning industry and taking the next step with the Association of Rug Care Specialists.
Oriental Rug Cleaning Co
Since 1980, Ellen Amirkhan has served as president of Oriental Rug Cleaning Co. in Dallas, Texas, a business started by her grandfather in 1911 that specializes in cleaning, repairing, appraising and selling oriental rugs. A Past President of RIA, Ellen holds the designations of Certified Rug Specialist and Certified Oriental Rug Appraiser through the International Society of Appraisers. She is a co-developer of the Master Rug Cleaner Program, co-author of A Comprehensive Guide to Oriental and Specialty Rug Cleaning and serves as an expert witness for the legal profession.
James Evanow, Keynote Speaker
Captain James Evanow is an international keynote speaker, trainer, and author. He also mentors select clients using his flagship program, “The 2 Degree Principle,” providing breakthrough mentoring in the areas of personal and business growth and development.
James is a multi-talented entrepreneurial businessman. With over 24 years of experience as a sea captain and his experience as a businessman, coach and keynote speaker, James is uniquely qualified to help individuals achieve their goals by transforming obstacles into opportunities.
In his keynote speeches and workshops James shares compelling stories from his years at sea and makes them relatable to the audience. His leadership skills mentoring crewmen and employees alike, sometimes in life or death situations, combined with his experience as an entrepreneur makes him a perfect candidate to teach others his learned lessons on how to navigate through turbulent times. His unique coaching style combines his passion, wit and humor delivering a presentation that inspires people to move towards their desired goals in business and in life. James enjoys working with CEO’s, entrepreneurs that are on their own journey, providing them with the tools that will help them stay on course and arrive at their destination or goal in an empowering way.
He has traveled throughout the United States and Canada, training on emotional intelligence, accountability, servant leadership, and creative leadership in over 80 cities. His coaching certification is through the organization Strategic Intervention which was founded collaboratively by Tony Robbins and Cloe Madanes, who is a world renowned psychologist. His passion for servant leadership and empowering others inspired him to write his first book, “Wisdom from the Sea,” which chronicles tales of adventure at sea in the context of leadership and self-development.
Servant Leadership- Servant Leadership is a powerful leadership style that can lead to greater employee satisfaction, stronger teams, and more sustainable organizations. The Captain’s experiences at sea embodies servant leadership and will show how it can affect your team and organization.
- Dave Nichols – Owner, Rug Renew
- Family Owned & Operated Rug Renew is a family owned and operated full-service area rug cleaning company specializing in hand washing and repairing all types of rugs. These include fine Oriental area rugs, Persian rugs, Tribal rugs, Navajo rugs, machine-made, and designer-commissioned custom-made pieces. Large or small, we clean them all! Formerly a division of Above & Beyond Carpet Care, Rug Renew has grown and emerged as an extremely successful stand-alone rug care center. Our only purpose is to provide the most advanced, safe, and comprehensive rug care possible in order to help extend the legacy of the rugs you love.
- Kate Blatchford and Lisa Wagner - Blatchford's San Diego Rug Cleaning Co
- Blatchford’s San Diego Rug Cleaning & Repair is a San Diego based business specializing in the care of antique, semi-antique and contemporary hand-woven textiles. Our craftsmanship of rug washing and hand repairing over the decades has built our reputation as one of the premier rug cleaning and repairing facilities in the United States. We are the most referred company for the cleaning and repair of oriental and specialty rugs in San Diego. Whether you have an investment textile, or a rug you fell in love with for your home, we care for your rugs just like our own. Come see for yourself that we are the ones to trust with the care of your favorite rugs.
- Prospect Rug Gallery - Shawn Bagheri
- Established in 1994, Prospect Rug Gallery is a family owned business, offering superior customer service and a vast collection of antique and new oriental rugs. We specialize in Persian, European, Indian, Turkish and Caucasian designs, offering clients, collectors and decorators choices such as Sarouks, Serapies, Agras, Mahals, Sultanabads, Oushaks, Kirmans, Keshans, Quashqais, Kazaks and more. These truly timeless treasures capture the beauty and elegance of the past.